LIC has a two-year MINDA Improvement Roadmap through to 2022. It’s been created with the seasonal needs of our farmers in mind and encompasses the proposed technology changes we intend making to keep improving the MINDA experience. We welcome questions and feedback on our MINDA journey through our contact us channels and invite you to join us - MINDA LIVE account setup.
Download MINDA roadmap
Notes and Comments – View (MINDA LIVE)
We’re adding the ability to view notes and comments against animals that have been recorded using the MINDA App. This is only the first stage of this feature, with being able to record, edit and delete in MINDA LIVE coming very soon.
Notes and Comments notification update (MINDA App)
We received feedback that the notification for when notes and comments have not been updated wasn’t quite right. We’re removing this pop up and instead adding a ‘last updated’ line to the top of the Notes page in Lookup.
Scanned Animals List - Herd Audit (MINDA App)
We’re adding a new feature to help you keep track of the animals you’ve got on farm, by providing you the ability to complete a herd audit. This will allow you to identify animals where the Electronic ID (EID) and other ID’s are matched or mismatched, along with recording any relevant notes. You’ll get a summary at the end of how your session has gone.
Notes and Comments – Record, edit and delete (MINDA LIVE)
We’re adding the ability to record, edit and delete any animal notes and comments for your animals when in MINDA LIVE.
Historic Animals – Health Treatment Register (MINDA LIVE)
We’re adding the ability to include animals no longer in your herd on the Health Treatment Register. This will mean that you can align your end of year audit’s with all health treatments recorded in your selected date range.
Here’s an overview of what we have improved in our MINDA suite recently.
- The updating of NAIT recording events in MINDA making compliance easier and providing for the entering of all NAIT information related to an event
- Improved event processing speeds to save time including the upgrading of MINDA’s event processing system so events can be processed faster through the holding pen. We’ve also reduced processing times from 10 minutes on average to process an event to just four minutes on average.
- The creation of an animal checklist in the MINDA app enabling farmers to check off animals of interest and create checklists to help with drafting or end of season herd reads. You can also share checklists across multiple devices from the app.
- Changes to the liveweight feature in the MINDA app designed to save time and enable farmers to input information on the go. For example if Birth ID is chosen as an ID type, the ‘year’ section will be automatically populated with the birth year saving time when entering liveweights for young stock. The previous weight recorded for an animal will also be shown enabling more informed decisions.
- The extension of the MINDA LIVE timeout period to six hours allowing farmers to stay logged in for longer.
- The ability to record multiple calf foetuses during pregnancy diagnosis in the MINDA app.
- The ability for anyone with authorised access to a MINDA account to add temporary tag information recording for calves.
- We’ve updated various areas of NAIT recording (calving, NAIT movement, removal, assign EID tags and purchase) within MINDA LIVE and the app. These updates will make it clearer what NAIT events are being generated and ensure parity between the NAIT and MINDA databases can be achieved if movements are not recorded initially through MINDA. We’ve increased the frequency of NAIT data uploads to run throughout the day instead of only overnight.
- With the recent update to the MINDA app, we’re giving you more control of the events you’re recording in the palm of your hand. To do this we’re introducing the ‘Holding Pen’ feature used in MINDA LIVE into the MINDA app.
- You will see all the events recorded for your animals in your app – regardless of source, making it easy to see what events are pending approval. You’ll easily see any events that have warnings or errors on them as well, so you can quickly resolve these issues.
- Anyone you’ve invited with ‘view event’ permissions to your herd will be able to see pending events in the Holding Pen and anyone you’ve invited with ‘edit event’ permissions will be able to approve or delete the events.
- If you do happen to be out on farm without any reception, the Holding Pen will be as up to date as its last synchronisation before going offline. You’ll see a message on-screen to let you know you’re offline and you’ll be able to see the events, but not approve or delete them. When you’re in either Wi-Fi or cellular reception, your Holding Pen will sync every minute to get the latest data available to make sure you’re seeing the latest information.
- The Removed Animals Report allows you to see a list of animals that have been removed from your herd within a specified date range, their fate and the reason for their removal. You can use this report to see any common causes which may highlight a need to change on-farm management practices or you can use it for your end of season herd reconciliations.
- We’ve made updates to the MINDA app to allow you to use the app in dark mode. This change is required under the latest iOS standards for Apple users, which all app developers must adhere to. Without this change we would not be able to release any new updates for the MINDA app for those of you that use Apple devices. We’re also keeping across any Android requirements.
- We’ve been working to improve the number of animals that print on your reports in MINDA LIVE and reduce the white space that you’ve seen in the past. We’re rolling out these changes to each of the reports available to print in MINDA LIVE. As these changes are released to each report, you’ll notice the footer size decrease and the number of animals that fit on each page increase. We’ve been able to get a Group Profile from 33 pages, down to 24 pages.
- We have made a change in the way you generate your Group Profile Report. These changes will allow the Group Profile to have no default group upon selecting it to run. Previously, the Group Profile would load with the default group being Whole Herd. With this change, it will mean that you will need to select a group to see the data populate in the template. So no down time waiting to change the group you are wanting it run on.
- We have made changes to the way in which you can complete Heath Treatments. This change will allow you to select all of your Health Records and complete them all in one go. Previously these had to be selected one at a time. Clicking on your Heath tab will take you to all open Health Records. The “select all” function at the top behaves the same as it does in the holding pen. Multiple treatments can be completed with two clicks of the mouse.
- We have been working to improve how you record multiple treatments for an animal (s). Both the Health Record and Dry Off Wizards will allow you to be able to record multiple treatments in one go. Clicking on the save and add treatment button will loop you back around to give another treatment within the same wizard. No need to start a new wizard all over again when you are wanting to give an animal more than one treatment.
- We’ve added an addition to the MINDA app which allows you to record and view notes or comments you would like to record to your animals, in the Lookup section. These notes and comments will be shared across the devices of people you’ve given view access to your herd, who are also using the app, so everyone on farm is seeing the same information when looking up an animal.
- The number of animals that will print on a Group Checklist report has been increased and we’ve also sharpened up the footer size, resulting in an average report now printing on 25% less pages.
- We have introduced new functionality into MINDA LIVE that allows you to ‘select all’ health plans needing to be completed, speeding up what was a very time consuming task.
- We also heard that the Expected Calving Report should align to your yellow notebook. We are pleased to tell you that this has been fixed.
- We’ve changed the way you generate your Group Profile Report, the Group Checklist, and the Custom Report. The default group has been removed and you will now select the group you want these reports to run on, reducing the time waiting for these reports to run.
- We have enabled the eight Breeding Values for Breeding Worth (BW) to be added to any report in the reporting section, to see what the BV value of an individual cow is.
- We also made a change in the calculation used to display the Return to Vat date for an animal from a health treatment recorded.
- We have made a small change to the Mating date feature in Groups that enables you to select a custom date range for your mating date. This also means that a group can be pre-set to the end of the mating period so that as cows are mated, they automatically populate the group. It means you will no longer need to update the group weekly going forward.
- We have added the Electronic ID (EID) number to the Removed Animals Report, a request from a number of our farmers. This means you’re now able to export the list to CSV format and cross reference with NAIT (if required) to ensure animals have been removed correctly.
- One important change we’ve made is adding the Group Selector to the Pregnancy Test Worksheet. This will allow you to run the report on any MINDA LIVE group, previously you could only select to include or exclude young-stock.
- We have made changes so that you are now able to create a group of animals based on whether an animal is at risk for reproductive issues in the coming mating period, and also if they have exceeded a certain somatic cell count that is relevant to your farming needs, rather than the standard guidelines of 120SCC for 2-year-olds and 150SCC for 3-year-olds or older.
- We’ve also added the ability in MINDA LIVE to create both a culling guide and drying off guide based on whether an animal has exceeded a certain somatic cell count that is specific to the way you manage your herd and farm.This means you will have more information to better assist you with both dry off and culling decisions on-farm, we believe this insight will allow you the potential to increase your herd’s milk production.
Keep an eye on our social media channels for the latest developments and additions to MINDA and join us on the MINDA Improvement Journey.