On behalf of everyone at LIC – AB techs, herd testers, Agri Managers and everyone at the head office – it is my pleasure to wish you a safe and happy Christmas.
I know work will continue largely as normal through this holiday period for many of you, but I hope you are able to take time with family and friends to celebrate and enjoy the magic of Christmas on your farm.
The end of a year is always a nice time to reflect. Here are some of my key highlights:
- We did a lot of work to refresh our strategy to put our farmers, the NZ dairy industry and our existing core business and capabilities at its heart.
- The simplification of LIC’s share structure to one single class of shares. This allowed us to address the growing disparity between the previous two share classes and will ensure a more resilient and agile co-op for the future.
- I know Mycoplasma bovis has been at the forefront for a lot of farmers and an extremely difficult time for those impacted. I am proud of the work we have done to help protect our bulls and your cows from this disease.
- Earlier this month we also expanded and localised our teams of LIC sales reps so we can provide a more personal face-to-face service. I know the Agri Management teams are looking forward to spending more time with you on-farm next year.
- Strong uptake in herd testing and AB services. Up to 30% more farms adopted all-AB mating plans compared to the previous season. This focus on animal performance was confirmed in the latest dairy statistics for the 17-18 season.
Looking ahead, 2019 looks to be another big year. Have a look at the video below where I cover some of the key trends to keep an eye out for.
All the best for the holiday period. We look forward to continuing to
work with you next year.