Extensive MU University project work
Run sheep, beef and dairy grazing farm before 15+ years running/owning dairy farms in New Zealand & USA
I was raised on a sheep, beef & dairy grazing farm before pursuing a dairy career, I have been actively dairy farming for the last 15+ years after coming up through the share milking ranks through to farm ownership. I have extensive experience in small operations through to large scale corporate farming operations and have personally farmed from system 1-5 both in New Zealand and the USA.
I strongly believe that our competitive advantage in New Zealand is our low-cost production system and that we need to leverage that skillset to optimize profit, performance and sustainability on farm.
I can help with all aspects of your farming operation, including:
- Financial budgeting, analysis and monitoring
- Optimizing farm performance to maximize profitability and sustainability
- Identifying what you and your family want out of your farming business and helping you achieve those goals.
- Staff employment agreements, share milking contracts, equity partnership contracts
- Farm specific fertilizer and cropping programs
- People management & recruitment
- Animal health programs
- Nutrient management
- Succession planning
Dairy farming is my passion and I have a very broad range of farming experience at a high level which I would love to pass on to your operation, get in touch if you would like to get the most out of your farming business.