Bachelor of Agricultural Science, Massey University.
DairyNZ Body Condition Scoring accreditation.
Sustainable Nutrient Management Certification, Massey University.
Member of NZIPIM.
Certified BCS Assessor.
Dairy Consultant since 2001.
ANZ Rural manager for three years.
Dairy farm owner.
I’m a fifth generation dairy farmer who grew up on a farm in Taranaki. My dairy farming experience ranges from consultant and rural bank manager to farm owner.
With this background and a successful dairy farm behind me, I can help you increase the productivity and profitability of your own business.
As a FarmWise Consultant I can provide you:
- business analysis, budgeting and financial planning
- pasture, feed modelling and budgeting
- animal reproduction analysis including breeding program planning
- animal welfare management including optimisation and monitoring of performance including body condition scoring (BCS) and audits
- nutrient budgeting
- human resource processes management including interviewing new staff and establishing sharemilking contracts with associated documents.
I also offer general farm visits and can facilitate dairy discussion groups.
My commitment to the dairy industry is reflected in my membership of the New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management, which I joined in 1994. I’ve been Treasurer of the Taranaki branch since 2009.
Get in touch if you want advice about how to increase your productivity and profitability.