- Financial & business planning (operational & strategic level; investment, budgeting, succession & governance)
- Feed budgeting (pasture, grain and crop management)
- Spring rotation planning
- Mating management & ruminant nutrition
- Whole farm system optimisation modelling (low, medium & high input)
- Nutrient management & fertiliser recommendation
- Employment (attract-maintain-train; coaching, mentoring and training)
- Contracts & agreements
- Project managing dairy conversion
- Farm supervision & auditing
- Robotic milking system (pre & post installation, capital & infrastructure planning & operational)
- Overseas consulting (Australia & South America)
I have more than 15 years of experience in the dairy industry globally, having farmed and consulted in Australia, New Zealand and South America.
The work to date has been of a broad spectrum, spanning the fields of consultancy, business development, extension, education and farm and business management.
I provide a professional service with a customer-based approach to empower people and businesses to generate a sustainable profit over the lifetime of the business, by improving efficiency within farming systems.
I promote a culture that is based on:
- Being open to new ideas and constructive feedback all the time.
- Permanently looking for ways to improve efficiencies. Ask the question, how it can be done better?
- Always with a positive approach and thoughts.
- Advocate planning and organisation.
- Seeking to understand everyone’s point of view.
- Showing passion and high level of energy in any activity.
- FarmWise Consultant South Canterbury-North Otago (Current-2019)
- Principal Consultant and Owner for Farm For Profit Agribusiness Consultancy, Tasmania, Australia (2014-2019)
- Senior Industry Development & Consulting Officer, Tasmania, Australia (2011-2016)
- DairyNZ Senior Consulting Officer (2008 - 2011)
- Dairy Farming (2005-2008)
Professional Development and Qualifications
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.). Professional-Agricultural Innovation., University of Tasmania (Candidate for 2020).
Incalf trained advisor (2010)
Farmax trained (2009)
Sustainable Nutrient Management. Massey University, New Zealand (2009)
Dairy Farming in New Zealand (2005-2008)
Diploma in Agribusiness Management. NZQA, New Zealand (2007)
Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Science. Massey University, New Zealand (2004)
Bachelor in Animal Science. Labor University of Uruguay, (2002)
Member, New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (2019-2020) www.nzipim.co.nz
Member of the Australia Institute of Agriculture (MAIA, 2019-2020). www.aginstitute.com.au
Former member of the Australian Association of Ruminant Nutrition www.aarnutrition.com.au