LIC is a dairy farmer-owned co-operative that provides a range of services and solutions to New Zealand dairy farmers.
Our origins date back to the early 1900s when farmers joined together to compare and improve the production of their herds. Over the past 100+ years we have been privileged to introduce world breaking technologies and science that has changed the dairy industry. These advances see New Zealand herds with some of the highest rates of genetic gain in the world. Kiwi farmers also enjoy a level of herd and management insight only possible from one of the highest rates of voluntary herd improvement in the world.
LIC’s head office is at Newstead in the Waikato, with regional bases across New Zealand and branches in Australia, the United Kingdom and Ireland plus agencies in South America, United States, Asia and South Africa.
Our Strategy – Toward 2025
LIC’s vision is to improve the prosperity and productivity of our farmers.
Our goal is delivering service and solutions for farmers which enable LIC to be a $1 billion revenue co-operative.
Our four key strategic themes are:
Genetics and information to create superior livestock
Information to improve decision making to enable superior livestock performance
Hardware and systems to improve productivity and decision making
LIC International – adding value for our shareholders, focussing on key markets.
We are a values driven organisation, each member of the team committed to demonstrating the following values which align with those of our farmer customers -
- Have the courage to stand up for what's right.
- Do what we say we will - taking ownership
- Are true to our word
- Are honest and tell it how it is, respectfully
- Are real, upfront and open
- Talk with fact not fiction
- Create, improve and develop
- Positively challenge and improve the status quo
- Show initiative
- Make the complex simple
- Encourage new thinking
- Take a fresh look
- Look to the future
Spirit of co-operation
- Commit to an exceptional standard of service for all our customers
- Build strong relationships
- Act as one team
- Have fun and are easy to work with
- Are helpful and approachable
- Work across boundaries and challenge silo'd thinking
In tune with farming and farmers
- Demonstrate empathy with our customers
- Keep connected to our customers
- Listen, understand and respond
- Demonstrate in everything we do that helping our customers achieve prosperity is our sole focus
- Easy to work with, flexible and adaptable
- Show real enthusiasm for our work and our business
- Strive to achieve the highest standards of performance
- Create an environment which is energising
- Bring people with us
- Have a positive attitude
- Believe in ourselves